TO MELTON WELLNESS HOUSE
Melton Wellness House is based at The Old Manor House, 27-29 Burton Street in Melton Mowbray.
Burton Street is within the conservation area of Melton Mowbray which is home to a considerable number of listed buildings and properties of note, of which Melton Wellness House is one, with a Grade II listing.
The Manor house which originally stood in this location is no longer standing; the property was rebuilt in the 1870s by Lord Melbourne in an 18th century style with stuccoed doorcase, stone bands and lintels, and sash windows.
Inside the house, the beautiful galleried staircase still exists and leads to the first floor therapy rooms: The Clinic and The Retreat.
A further narrow, winding staircase leads to the old servants' quarters in the attic space which houses a further three therapy rooms.
Historically, Edward VII stayed here in 1873 when he was the Prince of Wales, and internationally renowned conductor and composer, Sir Malcolm Sargent lived at the Manor House property between 1914 and 1924.
A commemorative blue plaque is sited on the building.
Now the Old Manor House is home to a distinctive collective of independent health, wellness and ethical businesses, including a plant-based eatery and a zero-waste store to the ground floor, while also offering a host of holistic therapies, treatments, nutrition, workshops and events within its walls.